So none of my samples appears to have run. Ugh. The geochemist told me that it's possible it's the mass spec's fault. He's running the Sr standard to see if that's the case. I'm kind of hoping it is, because the other options mean it's my fault. So the my fault alternatives are that I didn't run Sr columns correctly or that I didn't drill out enough enamel. And there's one other possibility: that someone made the 3.5 M HNO3 wrong. If it's the mass spec, all's well. They recalibrate it and rerun my samples. All the other reasons mean that I have to re-drill out enamel and re-run them through columns. Shit. This sets me back at least a month if it's my fault. And of course makes me nervous in the isotope lab that I'm fucking something up.


Popular Posts