Yesterday, a UNC student in one of the chem labs on campus was injured by an exploding flask of acid... more specifically, nitric acid. She is fine - just has some cuts - and the lab apparently wasn't even evacuated after the explosion. So perhaps nitric acid isn't actually all that dangerous. The story makes me feel better about my exposure to nitric in the lab a couple months back but also makes me not want to run any more samples, seeing as how I'm not really trained to be in a chem lab.

All my samples should be done by Friday, though, so provided none of them fail, I'm done running Sr for a good long time.


Anonymous said…
She remains hospitalized with burns, actually
Ouch, that sucks. My google news reader implied she was pretty much ok. I hope that she is soon.

Popular Posts